One of the top health benefits of using an infrared sauna regularly is to promote natural detoxification. We are exposed to toxins in our everyday life, and detoxification is the way in which our body naturally de-activates and eliminates these accumulated toxins. Promoting optimal detox pathways will help to reduce the impact this can have on our health.
The main organs and pathways that help detoxify our body every single day are our liver, kidneys, lungs, gut, lymphatic system and the skin. These pathways can become overloaded and impaired. When the liver becomes burdened, signs of toxicity can begin to show.
One of the ways we detox the body is through sweating. Unfortunately, most people are not sweating enough! We need to sweat every single day. Sweating is one of the safest ways to detox the body regularly. The more you sweat, the more toxins you can detox from your body as long as you are replacing with optimal fluid.
Research papers are accumulating on the benefits of infrared saunas for not only general health and wellbeing but specifically for toxin clearance and reducing pain and inflammation within the body.
An infrared sauna is different to a regular sauna as it uses light to create heat. It has the ability to use Far Infrared Technology, which is the longest wavelength to reach the deepest parts of our tissues where toxins are stored. Our cells have a sophisticated biological system to utilise light and heat for repair and detoxification.
Top reasons to use a sauna:
- It detoxifies the body of toxins
- It stimulates endorphins (happy hormones)
- It has anti-aging actions
- It enhances skin healing and rejuvenation
- It promotes relaxation and reduces stress hormones such as cortisol
- It stimulates ATP energy production
- It reduces pain and inflammation
- It improves cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure
- It boosts immunity
- It increase metabolism
- It supports auto-immunity and can reduce symptoms
- It aids quality sleep and melatonin production
- It reduces cellulite
- It enhances muscle injury recovery
- It helps detox heavy metals such as lead and mercury
- It improves circulation
- It improve the lymphatic system functioning
- It only takes 45 minutes to have full health benefits
- You can choose a heat and light program suited to your health goals
- It is safe to use daily
Article originally appeared on https://www.willowurbanretreat.com.au/willow-blog/top-20-benefits-of-an-infrared-sauna